Skip to main content

"Stay thirsty, my friends."

I was really fascinated by the Dos Equis ads that has been on the national network recently. Reading more about the ad, I learned that this edition is the second installment of a very successful ad campaign launched in 2007.







A few things attracted me to this well produced campaign.

1. The concept of "the world's most interesting man" creates an excitement in most peoples minds. It creates a feeling of exquisiteness, of richness which I believe that the brand wants to be associated to (it being a premium beer).

2. The one liners are brilliant.
"His blood smells like cologne"
"Police often question him just because they find him interesting"
"His beard has experienced more than the entire body of other men"

3. The shots are unique and the background exotic
He is shown bench pressing using 2 ladies as weights
He is shown arm wrestling a policeman in maybe an iron curtain country
He is seen setting a bear free from a trap with his bare hands

This ad creatively associates the brand to a premium lifestyle ( a Bond like personality) in a very unique and subtle manner. Clever.

"I don't usually drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty, my friends!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hear Voices in my Head

I have been playing around with the iPad for a while now, so naturally I started thinking about what its shortcomings were. I realized that probably the weakest link in the iPad is the ability to type on it effectively (yes, I have the keyboard dock..it is just not enough). This in turn hampers your ability to key in search terms, URLs in Safari, mails, tweet, comments in Facebook and so on. Touch interface is great but typing in iPad is not fun.

I dream of Jetsons....

Over the last couple of days, we had around 10-12 inches of snow which I had to shovel. And our driveway is around 40 yards by 10 yards. I had to shovel almost 8 inches a week back. So obviously, I just have